5 Days ago social media giant Facebook and Reliance Jio signed a $ 5.7 billion deal, and Now JioMart goes live on WhatsApp. Facebook’s sister company, WhatsApp and Reliance Jio also signed a commercial agreement with over its online venture JioMart. Now JioMart will use WhatsApp to reach out to the very big network of small Kirana (grocery) stores in India. The services have been implemented in certain areas of Mumbai, such as Navi Mumbai, Thane, and Kalyan. It will soon be launched in several other cities.
Jiomart has brought together thousands of small businesses and Kirana stores for services and will allow customers to order essential items via WhatsApp. Currently, India has near about 400 million WhatsApp users.
To put it simply, Reliance Owned Jiomart is an online to offline business platform that would allow users to order online but users have to pay at the store itself.
Reliance termed Jiomart as “Desh Ki Nayi Dukaan“. Reliance said it is a ‘new commerce’ model and has already brought in lakhs of Kirana store for the service.
What is Jiomart?
Reliance Jiomart was created in October last year as a subsidiary of reliance industries with an aim to benefit small and medium businesses as well as consumes. Right Now, it is only available on the web. Android Application and IOS Application is in pipeline. Mobile Applications will be live when the service is available for all users across the country.
How anyone can place an order on JioMart
- Customers Have to Add Jiomart’s Number on their Phone. The number is 88500 08000.
- To Place Order From Jiomart, customers need to Send ‘Hi’ an introductory message to the Jiomart’s number.
- After The Message, you will get a reply from JioMart with the shopping link. The given shopping link is activated and valid only for 30 Minutes. And if the link has expired then the customer will have to resend the message to get the order link again..
- When You Click/tap on the link, it will redirect you to a page on your mobile’s browser asking your personal details like Name, Address, Mobile Number, Locality, etc.
- After entering the details You will have to submit it and then you got the complete list of grocery items listed. Select from these items and add them to your cart.
- Now Place the order and They will send you the invoice according to your shopping list with the name, mobile number, and GPS location of the Kirana Store.
- Once the order is ready customer gets an SMS Notification from the partner Kirana store. After that customer can pick up their order and pay the bill at the store.
- Right Now there is no minimum or maximum limit. The only thing is this that customer needs to place their order by 7 PM. This will help the nearest Kirana Stores to ready within two days.
One thing to keep in mind here is that, to cancel or modify the order, you only have to call the shop owner. Cancellation or modification will not be possible through WhatsApp
Recently Facebook had bought a 9.99% equity stake in the company with an investment of $5.7 billion (Rs 43,574) crore into Jio Platforms. The Facebook-Reliance Partnership will be the biggest game-changer for small and medium businesses.
After the deal announcement Facebook Said “With the power of WhatsApp, we can enable people to connect with businesses, shop and ultimately purchase products in a seamless mobile experience,”
Should other platforms worry?
From Grofers to Bigbasket to Amazon and many more there are several e-commerce platforms available in the country. Due to Lockdown in India, there is a huge demand for groceries, many companies started delivering groceries at the doorstep such as Swiggy, Zomato, Uber, etc. With this new partnership, there is a threat to other companies who are in the same business. There are almost 750 + million users, Jio and WhatsApp have together. As of now, let’s wait and watch how Jiomart will impact other companies’ businesses.
You can also Read Also: How To Make A Perfect Business Plan